Wow! What an honor to be a part of the Space Girls Space Women Exhibition. The exhibit is an effort of SIPA Press in partnership with ESA (European Space Agency). SIPA Press worked with female reporters over the past few years to meet and share the stories of “the girls who have their heads in the stars, female students passionate about space, and women who are today at the heart of the space adventure.” The result of this worldwide effort is an exhibit that will travel Europe over the next year starting in France. The exhibit includes photos, stories and videos of the different women interviewed.
Space Girls Space Women Exhibit Information for Paris, France
Musée d’Arts et Métiers (CNAM) and L’Observatoire de Paris’
June 29, 2015 to November 1, 2015
I was fortunate to be interviewed and photographed for this project while attending Space Camp in Huntsville Alabama in the summer of 2014. A photo of me and my friend, Kim Spummets (seen above) has been chosen as part of the exhibit. Pretty fun to appear in French articles!
More about Space Girls Space Women can be found below.
This information was taken from the technical report submitted by Ana Maria Martinson on ResearchGate.
Space Girls Space Women is composed of portraits of girls and women of different generations and nationalities who share their passion for space exploration and their perspectives of current space programs
An exhibition of 70 photos
- 60 photos from 20 reportages produced by Sipa Press : girls drea- ming of stars, students who have chosen careers in space-related areas , women working in space activities.
- 10 photos highlighting European space programs
- 2 title panels, 1 partner panel, 1 presentation panel
- A multimedia application for smart phones and tablets linked to the exhibition, aimed at 12-25 girls and young women with educational content
- 25 interviews and a teaser
- Various exhibition formats available for outdoor or indoor exhibition to attract different audiences.
- A travelling exhibition which will be held in the main European cities, international institutions, research and cultural centres and universities.
￼Space Girl Space Women Exhibit Dossier SIPA. See page 46 for my photo.
Founding Partners include: ESA (European Space Agency) and SIPA Press. Associate Partners include: CNES – Centre national d’études spatiales, Network of European Regions Using Space Technologies (NEREUS) , Global Navigation Satellite Systems Agency (GSA), Cité de l’espace, Universcience, Women in Aerospace Europe (WIA-Europe). Exhibition Partners include: Conservatoire national des arts et métiers (CNAM), The Observatoire de Paris.